Thursday, March 31, 2011

Question 4

"What is it like to support raise?"

Support raising is a foreign concept to the world. The idea that one
would have to raise their own salary for a job doesn't make sense to many. To me, it makes perfect sense and I wouldn't have it any other way. In a way, it's similar to investing in a company. Only, no matter what amount you invest, every one gets the same return- the Gospel preached in unreached areas. I love my support team and I love what the Lord accomplishes through us. I don't go into the villages alone. Every single person who is on my team is there with me. In God's eyes, we are all equals. We are all accomplishing what He's called us, His children, to do: go into all the nations to preach the Gospel and make disciples.

Of every ministry experience I've had, I think that support raising has grown my faith the most. It actually comes easier to me to believe for someone to be healed then to be fully funded. However, God has never once let me down. ALL of my needs have been met and I've never gone without. I'm working on raising the last portion of my monthly budget so I can return to africa right now. There's been days of discouragement and days of joy. Never once have I doubted that God will provide. I know with all of my heart that this is what He's called me to do. I know with all of my heart that He will always provide for His purposes. God wills it!

No comments: