Thursday, December 20, 2007

Welcome to the USA!

I made it home, praise the Lord! Yes, I cried a bit as we landed into Washington DC, but that's a usual occurance for me. Leaving Africa is always hard, but I always know I'll be back soon. This year, I'll be back in March or April to lead expedition teams and to train new expedition leaders. We have plenty of trucks now so we can take many teams each month into the rural villages of Africa. If you want to come on an expedition, sign up on www.overlandmissions.com (we also send team to the amazon, mexico, dominican republic, and southeast asia).
So I've traded heat and mud for cold and snow. What a change! It was strange to sleep without the sounds of the zambezi running through the gorge, crickets and frogs, and our dogs barking as some animal in the middle of the night. I slept well though due to jet lag. It'll take me a couple more days to recover but it'll be fine. It's a good time to relax and take it easy.
My cell phone is working so please feel free to give me a call if you know the number. If not, email me. I'll have email access while home. Have a great Christmas everyone!

No comments: