Saturday, May 9, 2009

So It Begins...

Over this past week, we've had multitudes (or so it seems) arrive on our base. We've more then doubled our numbers of people living here on the base overnight. Our May Advanced Missions class has arrived and made themselves at home here on the Rapid 14 Base in Livingstone. I'm not teaching AMT this year but am helping out with their expedition in the villages this week (leaving tomorrow actually). I spent today with my friend Rachel, her and her husband are the directors of the AMT, running around town getting food and supplies for 6 days in the bush. I cannot express how excited I am to be doing ministry in the village again. I'd rather be in the villages then anywhere else in the world. I love getting to know the people, sharing in their lives, and sharing with them on the love of God (by example and teaching). We're going to be doing some cool things in the village this week, even helping them harvest peanuts from their crops! Please be praying for us as we go out- this is the first time for majority of the students to be in third world villages. It'll be an experience that will change their lives as much as it will change the people we minister to. I'll post an update when we get back from the bush!

No comments: