Sunday, September 23, 2007

The African Heat Has Come!

It's hot... so very hot and only getting worse. It's about 98 degrees right now without a cloud in sight. It's times like these that I thank God for the thatched roof on our main center because it brings the temperature down quite a bit.
This past week has been interesting. We've been working hard on the base doing detail work (basically cleaning). On wednesday I went to Lusaka to meet with the Dutch Embassy in order to gain approval for the purchase of our new overland trucks. These trucks will be driven down from the UK to Zambia by our staff members, accompanied by some expedition team members. They will arrive at our base on December 15th- of which I will still be here to greet them.
Another funny note is that when the meeting at the embassy was over, and we were being walked out, I slipped on the stairs, nearly falling to the floor, and my laptop sliding down before me. Now that's an unforgettable ending to a meeting!!

No comments: