Monday, June 21, 2010

The Joy of the Lord

I have recently been in a funk. Not just a bad mood but one of those slimy, impatient, pessimistic moods that just suck you in. I was questioning the call of God upon my life, my role in the Overland team, and just everything about myself. During our morning worship the other day, I couldn't even get my thoughts together long enough to even worship God. It was then that I realized I was under attack. None of the thoughts and feelings I had been feeling were accurate but just an attack from the devil. My guard hadn't been raised up and since I was tired from the expedition, there was an opening for him to move in. I could almost feel like claws in my back as this thing latched on. So I started praying and I glanced up to see one of our staff members walking towards me. She put her arms around me and just started praying for a tidal wave of the Lord's presence and strength to fill me. Suddenly this burning joy erupted within me and all I could do was laugh. The heaviness and "dark cloud" was gone and God's love and joy just poured over me. It wasn't like water but like a thick oil that saturated every pore and surface from the inside out. In Nehemiah 8:10 it says that the joy of the Lord is our strength. With Him we can do all things and He is the source of our strength. Praise God!

2 comments:

All things are possible said...

Praise God, Its so easy to find ourselves in that place, been there many times, God Bless you Sis for all that you are doing, I miss it so much.

Glyn........

Daniel Maupin said...

Laura,

You are doing such a great service for the Kingdom of God, and doing it with such a humble attitude. You are such an inspiration. Thanks so much.

In Christ,
Daniel