Wednesday, April 2, 2008

5 days and counting...

My first team arrives in 5 days. I am very excited! Yesterday my co-leader, Patrick, and I went with two of our local pastor friends to set up ministry. We normally call this recon, as it usually includes traveling to new areas. This trip included exactly that. We went back to visit areas we had sent teams last year, and made a plan to bring the team there to follow up on ministry with the new church that has been planted, and the new believers. We then traveled for about an hour to a new area, called Libala. We met with the headmaster of the primary school and discussed our ministry plan, finding out about the surrounding areas. He is meeting with all of the headmen, who are the village leaders, on Friday and will be notifying them of our program and the arrival of the team. It's always exciting to come out of a new area knowing that you'll soon be back with two trucks and a team ready to preach the Gospel. I cannot wait to go back. I'll remember to take some photos during the expedition and post them here for all of you to enjoy. Please pray for the safe arrival of the team, open doors for ministry, and safe travel.

No comments: