Monday, March 24, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

It's the end of March, and I've only been in Zambia for 8 days, yet it seems like I never left. The only reminder is the new clothes I brought with me that are yet to be stained with diesel and truck grease. :) Our first team is due to arrive on April 6th, so my co-leader, Patrick, and I are busy preparing for their arrival. This means repairing the trucks, shopping for supplies, sorting all of our gear that was stored away while we were gone, etc. It's a bit hectic but I love this life.
Everything is going great on the base. The grass and trees are still green, but rains have finally stopped, or at least taken a break for a time. The second floor loft in our main center is nearly complete, just need to finish the stairs. It looks amazing and will be a great place to read, watch movies, and relax. The team that was in working on it did a great job!

My monthly newsletter should be going out this week. If you have yet to subscribe to it, please do so on my website: www.laurainmissions.com. God bless!

No comments: