Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Question 7

"What has been your most embarrassing moment in Africa so far?"

I hate to admit that I've had a few and have learned to laugh at myself...a lot. :) One such moment was this past year. I had just dropped two of my friends at the airport and went to do some errands in town before heading back to the base. It was during hot season so I was in a skirt, since jeans are unbearable in 120 degree heat. While loading groceries into my car, a strong wind came up from under my truck and blew up my skirt. I quickly did my best Marilyn Monroe impression in the crowded parking lot. However, I was definitely facing the wrong way. Upon hearing laughter breaking out, I quickly jumped into my truck and drove swiftly back to the base in embarrassment, leaving the rest of my errands for another day. It's always an adventure!

No comments: