Thursday, April 15, 2010

Adventures in Town

I've been back at the base now for about 4 days now and there's really never a dull moment here. Mainly I've been working on servicing my truck and getting it ready for the "roads" to the villages. The new tires I got in South Africa are fantastic and a complete oil change was done. I did manage to get to town (Livingstone) on Tuesday to do some errands with a few of the staff. Let's just say there's never a dull moment in town. However, Tuesday was extra challenging. While loading some mattresses into my truck, a drunk man decided to try and climb in the back seat to see what he could steal. After we got him out of the truck and locked all the doors, he proceeded to try and pick pocket myself and my friends. He did manage to get away with a handful of my business cards but while trying to steal a friends pocket knife, we chased him off. As if the day was exciting enough, a tourist almost backed into my truck while we stopped to pick up some auto parts for one of the base vehicles. Let's just say I was very happy to make it back to the base without any other incidents. :) There truly is never a dull moment on the missions field!

No comments: