Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baptisms in the Mighty Zambezi!

Last Friday was an amazing day. At 6:30 am the AMT students, Dan, and I found ourselves climbing down the Batoka Gorge. This is not a climb I normally enjoy. It's steep, rocky, and hard. Your legs feel like jello by the time you reach the bottom and you still have to climb back up! However, my motivation wasn't for the exercise but for the fact that Dan and I were going to baptize two of the AMT students in the Zambezi. This was my first time doing baptisms and I felt very honored and blessed that Wezi and Liz wanted Dan and I to do it. Here are some of the photos of the event:

Here is Wezi being baptized. He is a local Zambian who was given a scholarship for the AMT course.







This is Liz. She is 23 years old, from Texas. Not only was it the day she got baptized, but it was also her birthday! I found the biggest challenges was trying to stay on the rocks as you submerged them. You can see me falling off the rock in this shot.



We laid hands on Liz to be filled with the Holy Spirit, as per her request. What an awesome step of faith!








The morning was finished with communion and then some praise and worship. It's amazing to hear the worship echo throughout the gorge.

No comments: