Sunday, October 21, 2007

Addition to yesterday...

I want to clarify something from yesterday's post. Do not think that we neglect the hunger, AIDs, abuse, etc problems in this world. What we need to do is first look at the people with the eyes of God, see them as the Lord sees them and not with a first world view. And then show compassion on those in need... not pity but compassion. If you are motivated by pity then you will not be effective for the Kingdom of God. You will burn out because in the flesh the problems seem too big. But it is when you gain God's perspective that you are motivated because your heart and His are one, and His desire for the nations to be reached becomes your driving force that can get you through any hard situation you may find yourself in! Praise God!
And to go off topic, last night I had my first snake experience for the year. It was at 10:30pm and I was walking to my tent when a cobra spat at me from a tree I was walking underneath. I didn't even know cobras climbed trees. I didn't see it cause off once I heard it rustling in the leaves. I did go back (stupidly) to see if it was still there but it must have slithered off. Looks like snake season has begun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog Laura! I look forward to keeping in touch with through your blog.